The best shoes for treadmill walking are those that provide ample cushioning, support, and stability for your feet. They should also be lightweight, breathable, and flexible to allow for natural movement and reduce the risk of injury. Whether you’re walking for fitness or training for a race, a good pair of shoes can help you get the most out of your treadmill workout. In this article, we’ll explore some of the top options for the best shoes for treadmill walking, so you can find the perfect pair for your needs.
What Type of The Best Shoes for Treadmill Walking?
The shoes for treadmill walking are those that provide ample cushioning, support, and flexibility. Some of the most popular types of shoes for treadmill walking include:
- Running shoes: Running shoes are a popular choice for treadmill walking due to their cushioning and support features. They are designed to absorb the impact of each step and provide good arch support.
- Walking shoes: Walking shoes are specifically designed for walking and provide excellent support for the feet. They tend to be more lightweight and flexible than running shoes, making them a great choice for treadmill walking.
- Cross-training shoes: Cross-training shoes are versatile and can be used for a variety of activities, including treadmill walking. They provide good support and stability and are designed to withstand a variety of movements.
- Minimalist shoes: Minimalist shoes are a more lightweight and flexible option for treadmill walking. They are designed to provide a more natural feel and allow for greater foot movement.
Best Shoes for Treadmill Walking Hoka One Men’s Running Shoes
The Hoka Clifton 8 is a cushioned shoe, and its key advancements are in strategic areas of the model, such as the top and the inter-tank. The goal of this new Clifton 8 version is to increase racing experiences with better reaction without sacrificing performance in terms of stability and lightness of the imprint.
- Textile lining that breathes for abrasion-free wear
- Cushioning and support are provided with a removable, foam-padded insole.
- Full-length EVA midsole to absorb shock and provide stability
- Durable sole with rubber grip inlays
Cons: Walking or running on a treadmill cannot be silent.
Review from customer (Rian): “These are my first Hokas and they did not disappoint. I’ve never worn a lighter, more comfortable tennis shoe. I am not a runner, but I do need really comfy shoes for walking and everyday use. These are well worth the price and look great!”
Read more: Is Walking On A Treadmill Bad For Your Knees
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 39 – Best Sneakers for Treadmill Walking
There are many walking on treadmill everyday benefits. To make your workout more effective and comfortable, you should prepare a good pair of shoes like the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 39.
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 39 is the latest and greatest version of Nike’s renowned Pegasus line, which has been beloved by runners and athletes for years due to its versatility and comfort. This shoe is designed to be both comfortable and high-performing, making it an excellent option for a variety of athletic activities, including walking and running on the treadmill.
The upper of the shoe is soft and supple, with midfoot webbing that helps to alleviate pressure across the foot and reduce hotspots. The addition of a padded tongue not only enhances the overall comfort of the shoe but also helps to secure the foot more firmly, eliminating the heel slippage that was a problem in previous versions of this shoe.
In addition to its impressive comfort, the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 39 also boasts exceptional performance features, including a Zoom Air unit in the forefoot that provides a responsive, springy feel with every step. This feature is especially helpful for runners, providing a little extra push to help you power through your workout.
- The upper’s engineered mesh enhances breathability:
- FLYTEFOAM Innovation: It provides modest cushioning.
- Cushioning system with GEL technology in the rearfoot
Cons: This shoe runs small, so consider ordering a size down.
ASICS GT-1000 10 for Treadmill Walking
Many people asked can you walk barefoot on a treadmill before learning about quality shoes like the ASICS GT-1000 10. The ASICS GT-1000 10 is a fantastic choice if you want a pair of sneakers that are inexpensive but robust enough for regular treadmill use. It has ASICS’ FLYTEFOAM cushioning, which is light and comfortable while yet being responsive in terms of energy return. This foam contains organic super fibers that do not flatten out like other foams, keeping your shoe’s midsole springy and responsive even after many miles of wear. GEL cushioning is also present in the rearfoot to protect the heel and joints from impact.
Because this is a stability shoe, walkers who prefer a neutral shoe may find it uncomfortable to wear. It employs DUOMAX technology, which is a stiffer portion of foam on the medial side of the shoe for support, to lessen the consequences of overpronation.
- The upper’s engineered mesh increases breathability.
- Cushioning system using GEL technology in the rearfoot.
- A dual density midsole system designed specifically for sports to provide support and stability.
Cons: This shoe can run narrow in the toe box, so order a half size higher.
Review from customer (Raymond): “Beautiful shoes! Insoles are extremely delicate and cloud-like. I keep returning lol It took three tries to find a pair without an imperfection, but it was totally worth it.”
ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 28 Running Shoes
A question for you right now: how often replace running shoes treadmill? If you haven’t changed your running shoes in a while, this is your chance to buy yourself a new shoe to run on the treadmill. The GEL-KAYANO 28 (Wide) shoe promotes a solid stride and a balanced thinking. This piece cradles your foot and provides greater rearfoot support thanks to its lower-profile external heel counter. The treadmill walking shoes has a sleek and modern design that is suitable for a variety of occasions.
- Sockliner OrthoLite X-55: Increases comfort.
- Outsole: AHAR Plus: This incredibly durable composition, strategically placed in vital sections of the outsole, is 50% more durable than conventional ASICS High Abrasion Rubber.
- Trusstic System technology: Lightens the sole unit while maintaining the shoe’s structural integrity.
Cons: The soles of the shoes can wear out over time
Review from customer (Sloan Manning): “Can’t beat Asics Gel-Kayano’s for comfort and support. I’ve worn them almost daily for 15 years. I’m not a runner…just want a very comfortable shoe for my aging feet. I replace them every 6 months no matter what the outside looks like to maintain best arch support. I usually buy the model just expired and replaced to get the best price. I wear an 8.5 M in a dress shoe. Best to add a size in the Gel-Kayano’s, so 9.5 M for me. Once you find the right fit, just replace as needed. They are reliably sized from model to model number.”
Treadmill Walking Shoes New Balance Men’s 877 V1
Read more: Is It Bad To Walk On Treadmill With Socks
This is the best men’s shoes for treadmill walking that has received many compliments for its fit, comfort, and quality. If you are looking for a pair of shoes to go to the gym, or on the treadmill, you can’t ignore the New Balance brand.
- A suede and mesh upper that provides a comfortable and breathable fit
- The outsole is made of durable rubber with a traction pattern that provides good grip on a variety of surfaces
Cons: May be heavy for some people
Review from customer (Rilly): “Following many ankle/foot surgeries over the last five years, they are the first shoes that provide the support and comfort I require for walking. I can tie these tight on my foot thanks to the extra ankle-high eyelet!”
Adidas Men’s Runfalcon 2.0 Running Shoe
Should you wear shoes on a treadmill? Put on these Adidas men’s shoes and you’re ready for your morning run and lunch with friends. The mesh top is breathable for all-day comfort, and the rubber outsole provides traction no matter what the day throws at you.
- EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning and a mesh top for lightweight breathability and support.
- Rubber outsole for traction and durability
Cons: Shoe size can be wide for people with narrow feet
Review from customer (Binna): “Adidas shoes have always been a fantastic fit for my medium-width foot. These shoes are both stylish and comfortable. Amazon’s price and delivery were both excellent!”
Best Sneakers for Treadmill Walking Skechers Men’s GOrun Consistent-Athletic
The Skechers GOrun Consistent is a supportive lace-up running shoe and cross-training shoe that may be used during a wide range of activities. This best shoes for treadmill walking is very responsive thanks to its ULTRA GO cushioning midsole and its smooth leather and mesh fabric upper. The company has found success thanks to its high-quality, varied, and reasonably priced product line that caters to the needs of consumers with different budgets and priorities.
- Upper made of synthetic and mesh fabric with a smooth athletic leather base. The upper is soft, lightweight, and airy. Mesh fabric panels, synthetic toe, and heel overlays. Padded tongue and collar for comfort; lace up front. A branded printout with an S.
- The ULTRA GO midsole material provides cushioning and responsiveness.
- OUTSOLE: The midfoot strike zone increases your stride efficiency.
Cons: The shoe’s sole may be too rigid for certain wearers.
Review from customer (James): “Consumer of Sketcher’s shoes who has purchased this style before. One’s step is unquestionably perked up by them. I’ve worn them around the house and out on the golf course. Even though the tread wasn’t designed for grass, I had no trouble walking the course in the dry months. The soles wear out more quickly than on previous Sketchers models, but the insoles seem to hold up better over time. That’s weird”
Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 9 Running Shoe
The Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 9 Running Shoe is a comfortable and supportive option for those looking to walk or run on the treadmill. With a reasonable price, it is chosen by many people to bring to the gym, the durability is also very good.
- Complete breathability is provided by a lightweight mesh top with a three-color digital pattern.
- Durable leather overlays for midfoot stability and lockdown EVA sockliner for gentle, step-in comfort
- Charged The cushioning midsole is made of compression molded foam for maximum responsiveness and durability.
- The solid rubber outsole protects high-impact zones for increased durability while weighing less.
Cons: The size of these shoes may be small for some people so consider this when buying.
Review from customer (Danny): “I chose these Under Armour shoes since they were on sale, had many positive ratings, and I liked the shape and color. I’m glad I bought these because they’re incredibly comfy and fit perfectly, however I did get 1/2 size larger because my left foot needed a little extra room in the toe area. I also appreciate the way they look and the colors they use. They are really light and highly padded at the heel, which will be ideal for my terrible back. They’re black and white with gold highlights. Even the shoelace tips are made of gold! These are so comfortable that you could wear them all day! I strongly recommend these to anyone looking for a decent pair of comfy running shoes.”
Read more: How Long To Walk 5 Miles On Treadmill
Best Shoes for Treadmill Walking ALTRA Women’s AL0A548E Lone Peak 6 Trail Running Shoe
The ALTRA Women’s AL0A548E Lone Peak 6 Trail Running Shoe is a versatile and durable option for walking or running on a variety of surfaces, including the treadmill. It’s the winner of the Runner’s World 2022 Award for best trail running shoes on the treadmill
- Maintain Concentration: You can concentrate on the route ahead of you thanks to our MaxTrac outsole and multi-directional TrailClaw lug design for sticky traction.
- Take it a step further: Balanced The cushioned platform keeps the heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground, promoting low-impact landings.
Cons: The curved toeline of this shoes is not suitable for everyone.
Review from customer (Hari): “The incorrect item was first supplied, and the sticker on the box is inaccurate and mislabeled. I ordered them again, hoping to get it right this time. I have similar shoes in a different color and love them for hiking. I just got the exact ones, and I LOVE THEM! The color isn’t the bright orange displayed; it’s more of a dusty orange/coral, in my opinion. However, I adore them. Definitely great sneakers for the price…I might grab the olive and blue just in case. I’m usually a size 10, but I scaled up a half size for uphill/downhill comfort, and they’re perfect. I didn’t realize how worn out my old ones were until I tried these on and felt the cushion SIGH>. The toe box is spacious and comfortably suits my foot form.”
Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 22 Supportive Running Shoe
The shoe’s GuideRails technology helps reduce excess movement and support the knees, providing a comfortable and stable walking experience. The outsole is made of durable rubber with a traction pattern that provides a good grip on a variety of surfaces, including the treadmill. This is really the best shoes for treadmill walking and maybe you should know the time for running on the treadmill thanks for the blog how long should I be on the treadmill!
- Support and cushion: Offers just the appropriate amount of stability and support, making it ideal for overpronation while still delivering excellent energetic cushioning.
- Soft, balanced cushioning: The midsole has been redesigned with 100% DNA LOFT cushioning and the Segmented Crash Pad for an even softer, smoother ride and simpler flow from landing to toe-off.
- Modernized fit: A more strategic use of the 3D Fit Print upper technology provides the Adrenaline with the structure and proven fit it is known for without adding bulk.
Cons: The Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 22 Supportive Running Shoe is a higher-end option, and may be more expensive than other shoe options for walking on concrete.
Review from customer (Pynn): “These sneakers are fantastic! These shoes cannot be good if you work on concrete or hard surfaces all day. They have all the assistance you’ll ever require. This is my third pair, and there are many beautiful colors to choose from. Furthermore, they ship quickly, so you won’t have to wait forever to receive them! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who suffers from lower back and leg pain as a result of prolonged standing.”
Best Sneakers for Treadmill Walking New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Roav V1
The New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Roav V1 Sneaker is one of the best shoes for treadmill walking due to its comfortable and supportive design. The shoe features a Fresh Foam midsole that provides excellent cushioning and support, as well as a breathable and stretchable knit upper that helps keep feet cool and dry during use. The outsole is made of durable rubber with a traction pattern that provides a good grip on a variety of surfaces, including the treadmill. Additionally, the shoe has a sleek and modern design that is suitable for a variety of occasions.
- Feel like you’re jogging or walking on a cloud thanks to the new foam midsole.
- You may increase your performance without risking premature wear on your shoes with the NDurance Outsole.
- These lightweight shoes have a drop of about 8 millimeters from the heel to the toe.
Cons: Some users have reported that the sizing of the shoe runs small or narrow
Review from customer (Clary): “I am not small and skinny; I am somewhat plump, and I work a 12-hour shift four to five days a week, during which time I am on my feet continuously and, according to my activity tracker, walk anywhere from seven to eight kilometers. I’ve been looking for a pair of shoes that can keep up with me, and I think I’ve found them. I can’t recommend these enough if you’re a runner, exercise often, or find yourself on your feet more often than you’d want. I’ve given up looking for a job in any other industry.”
Skechers Women’s Go Walk Arch Fit-Unify Sneaker
The women’s treadmill walking shoes – Skechers GOwalk Arch Fit – Unify shoe will provide you with the durable supportive comfort you need to go the distance. This lightweight lace-up sneaker has an athletic designed mesh top for breathability, an Arch Fit footbed that is detachable, and a ULTRA GO cushioned midsole for comfort.
- Skechers’ patented Arch Fit insoles have podiatrist-approved arched support.
- The cushioned, weight-distributing, and shock-absorbing removable insole conforms to the shape of your foot.
- Ultra-light, quick-reacting ULTRA GO foam with supportive Comfort Pillar Technology.
Cons: Shoelaces may be a bit short.
Review from customer (Jessy): “My fave arch fit sneaker–even better than my max cushion arch fit sneakers. The insole provides arch support while remaining soft. I deducted one rating because the heels could use some softerness. The heels on Max cushioning arch fits are good, but the arch is more severe. These sneakers are still my favorite.”
Ryka Women’s Devotion Plus 2 Treadmill Walking Shoe
The Ryka Women’s Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe is a comfortable and supportive option for treadmill walking. Designed specifically for women, this shoe features a range of features that prioritize fit, comfort, and support.
- Lace-up closure ensures a secure fit.
- The tongue is lined with lycra, and the comfort collar has a built-in cushion.
- Footbed with anatomical Precise-Return for additional comfort
- A full-length RE-ZORB platform is housed in a lightweight molded EVA midsole.
Cons: This shoe runs small, so you may need to size up.
Review from customer (Mully): “In a store, I purchased a pair in a different hue. I didn’t care for the color, but they’re shoes, and as long as they’re supportive and comfy, they’ll suffice. I looked on Amazon and found the identical shoe for $30.00 less. I purchased them and returned the others. I’m pleased with them. When I got them, I double-checked them to be sure they weren’t damaged. Considering the cost. Good quality sporting shoes are usually at least twice the price. I’ve been wearing them for about a month and I love them. You simply cannot beat the pricing!!!”
Brooks Ghost 15 – Treadmill Walking Shoes
To boost durability, the outsole is made up of two distinct rubbers. The forefoot of the shoe has soft-blown rubber that provides a strong grip on your treadmill deck. The heel is made of a stronger rubber that is extremely durable, especially for heel strikers. Both of these rubbers are thicker than ordinary shoe outsoles.
Three flex grooves in the forefoot promote flexibility, giving you the ability to walk comfortably on the treadmill at an incline or level.
The Ghost 15 features two midsole foams: DNA Loft and BioMoGo. BioMoGo flows down the medial side of the midsole, while DNA Loft goes down the lateral side. This foam composition allows the shoe to be soft and responsive at the same time.
- The Ghost 15 provides neutral support as well as high energetic cushioning.
- DNA LOFT V2 cushioning is soft and lightweight in the new midsole.
Cons: Users claim that the outsole wears out rapidly.
Review from customer (Bunny): “My legs and feet hurt a lot because I’m diabetic. These shoes are among the most comfy I’ve ever worn. I can stay on my feet all day without getting tired! Highly recommended for anyone looking for peace and quiet!”
New Balance Fresh Foam Vongo V5
Highly active individuals will need a stability shoe like the New Balance Fresh Foam V5.
The spacious midsole is made up of Fresh Foam X, a dynamic yet comfortable foam. Gradient Stabilization technology is the technology that New Balance uses to correct overpronation. It’s a unique technology that makes the midsole more dense in the midsole by adding pellets inside the foam.
This will keep the foot in the optimal position and prevent the foot from receding during each step. In turn, this keeps the joints aligned and prevents injury.
Another feature that would come in handy is the wider forefoot, which has 5mm more headroom than the previous version of this shoe. The wider platform makes it more stable, as well as better dispersion of impact.
- The Fresh Foam X midsole provides the most cushioned Fresh Foam experience for exceptional comfort.
- The hypoknit upper is meant to provide strategic stretch and support.
- Pronation is controlled by the medial post.
Cons: Because this shoe runs large, you may need to order a size smaller than usual.
How to Choose the Best Shoes for Treadmill Walking
Choosing the best shoes for treadmill walking is essential for a comfortable and effective workout. Here are some factors to consider when making your decision:
Cushioning: Look for shoes that provide ample cushioning to absorb the impact of each step and reduce the risk of injury.
Support: Shoes with good arch support and stability features can help prevent overpronation and improve your gait.
Flexibility: Shoes that are flexible and allow for natural movement can reduce the risk of injury and improve your overall comfort.
Fit: Shoes that fit properly and securely can prevent blisters and other foot problems.
Breathability: Look for shoes with breathable materials to keep your feet cool and dry during your workout.
Durability: Choose shoes made with high-quality materials that can withstand the wear and tear of frequent use.
Brand reputation: Consider purchasing shoes from a reputable brand with a history of producing high-quality athletic footwear.
Finding the best shoes for treadmill walking is essential for a comfortable and effective workout. The right shoes can provide the support, cushioning, and stability needed to prevent injury and enhance your performance. Whether you prefer a minimalist design or a more cushioned shoe, there are plenty of options available to fit your needs and preferences. By considering factors such as fit, comfort, and durability, you can choose the perfect pair of shoes for your treadmill walking routine. With the right shoes, you can maximize your workout and achieve your fitness goals while staying comfortable and safe.
FAQs of Best Shoes For Treadmill Walking
Are there specific best shoes for treadmill walking?
While there are no shoes that are specifically designed for treadmill walking, there are shoes that are suitable for a variety of activities, including treadmill walking.
Do I need arch support in my treadmill walking shoes?
Arch support can be beneficial for those with flat feet or other foot conditions, but it’s not necessarily required for everyone.
Can I wear cross-training shoes for treadmill walking?
Yes, cross-training shoes can be suitable for treadmill walking as they often provide good support and stability.
How often should I replace my best shoes for treadmill walking?
It’s recommended to replace your shoes every 300-500 miles or every 6-8 months, whichever comes first.
Can I wear basketball shoes for treadmill walking?
While basketball shoes can provide good support and cushioning, they may not be as suitable for treadmill walking as they often have a heavier and less flexible design.
Do I need to break in my treadmill walking shoes?
While it’s not necessary to break in your shoes, it can be helpful to wear them around the house for a few hours before using them for a longer treadmill workout.
Can I wear minimalist shoes for treadmill walking?
Minimalist shoes can be suitable for treadmill walking for those who prefer a more natural and lightweight feel, but they may not provide as much cushioning or support as other shoe options.
Are there shoes specifically designed for people with plantar fasciitis?
Yes, there are shoes specifically designed to provide relief and support for individuals with plantar fasciitis.
Should I wear socks with my treadmill walking shoes?
Yes, it’s recommended to wear socks with your shoes to help prevent blisters and provide additional cushioning.
Can I wear walking shoes for treadmill walking?
Yes, walking shoes can be suitable for treadmill walking as they often provide good support and cushioning.